The UMW Faculty-led Program Scholarship was designed to assist UMW students participating in UMW faculty-led programs during the summer, winter, or spring break. The awards are $500 dollars for programs up to fifteen days long, or $1,000 dollars for programs longer than fifteen days. Multiple awards are made to eligible applicants each semester.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at UMW at time of application
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Must be registered in myUMW Study Abroad Registration to study abroad on a UMW Faculty-Led Program
- Recipient may be awarded other scholarships concurrently, but the combined amounts may not exceed the total cost of the program
Apply via the Office of Financial Aid’s Online Scholarship Manager. When you complete the Study Abroad section on the scholarship search form, you will automatically be considered for all scholarships that apply to you.
- For students studying abroad in the spring term, apply by November 15th. Awards will be announced by December 1st.
- For students studying abroad in the summer or fall terms, apply by February 20th. Awards will be announced by March 1st.