- Available for fall or spring semester, or the academic year
- Language requirements: None
- GPA requirement: 2.5 or greater
- Must have completed at least 12 UMW credits
- Students can earn 12-18 credits per semester
- Students may enroll in nearly any course offered at Lingnan University provided they have completed the prerequisites
- Airport greeting and orientation are included in the program
- Each study abroad student is assigned a “buddy” who will help them transition into campus life
- All courses must be pre-approved by a UMW department chair. Elective credits may be approved by the Center for International Education. Students must receive a “C” or better for courses to transfer.
Housing and Meals
Students pay UMW housing rates ($3105 per semester) and are required to live on campus in residence halls with local Chinese students. All rooms are double-occupancy and segregated by gender. Cooking is not permitted in the rooms, but the university operates a student cafeteria and a full service Chinese restaurant on campus that provide inexpensive meals.
To participate in the Lingnan exchange program: