For the same UMW tuition you paid this semester, you could study as an exchange student in the Czech Republic!
- Available for fall or spring semester
- Language requirements: None (all courses taught in English)
- GPA requirement: 3.0 minimum
- Students must have completed 1 semester of college prior to application
- Students can earn 12-18 credits per semester
- Students may choose from the courses found in the UNYP study abroad catalog
- All courses must be pre-approved by a UMW department chair. Elective credits may be approved by the Center for International Education. Students must receive a “C” or better for courses to transfer.
Housing and Meals
Exchange students are provided access to the UNYP Services + Housing package upon enrollment. The package consists of the following services:
- Housing placement in UNYP partner residence
- Czech health insurance policy
- Prague transportation pass for the duration of the program
- Airport pick up
- Student benefits program
- Visa advising
- Administrative support
The cost of the UNYP Services + Housing package for the Academic Year 2019/2020 is $4,450. The price is subject to change in future years. There are three housing options for Exchange students: Belgicka Apartments, Student House Botic, or Prague Residentia. All are self-catering (no meals included).
Student clubs offer the opportunity to get involved outside of the classroom and to make an impact on the Czech community.
To participate in the University of New York in Prague (UNYP) exchange program:
- Register to study abroad with UMW.
- Contact CIE to request nomination for the University of New York in Prague Exchange program in your preferred term. Available spots are assigned on a first-come first-served basis.
- Stop by CIE (Lee Hall 434) for an appointment with a Peer Advisor who will give you materials and help you with next steps.