For the same UMW tuition you paid this semester, you could study as an exchange student in Lyon, France!
- Available for fall or spring semester
- Language requirements: None (all courses taught in English)
- GPA requirement: 2.5 minimum
- Students must have completed 1 year of college prior to application and must be enrolled in the UMW College of Business
- Students can earn 12-18 credits per semester
- Students may choose from the courses found in the CEFAM undergraduate course catalog
- All courses must be pre-approved by a UMW department chair. Elective credits may be approved by the Center for International Education. Students must receive a “C” or better for courses to transfer.
Housing and Meals
Exchange students will choose between three types of accommodation: single apartment, shared apartment, or homestay. Meals are not included with the apartment options but shopping in the local grocery stores and open air markets for food is highly encouraged as part of French daily life and students will have access to a shared kitchen for food preparation. Homestay students will have the option of up to 7 breakfast and 7 dinners per week provided by their homestay host.
To participate in the CEFAM College of Business exchange program:
- Register to study abroad with UMW.
- Contact CIE to request nomination for the CEFAM Exchange program in your preferred term. Available spots are assigned on a first-come first-served basis.
- Stop by CIE (Lee Hall 434) for an appointment with a Peer Advisor who will give you materials and help you with next steps.