- Available for spring semester or the academic year
- Language requirements: Two semesters of college-level German
- GPA requirement: 2.5 or greater
- Must have completed at least 12 UMW credits
- Students can earn 12-18 credits per semester
- Before commencing their studies, students are encouraged to take an optional three-week comprehensive language and orientation course that helps exchange students settle into life at the University of Erfurt as well as providing language placement
- Each study abroad student is assigned a German student “tutor” who will help acquaint him or her with the campus and academic life
- All courses must be pre-approved by a UMW department chair. Elective credits may be approved by the Center for International Education. Students must receive a “C” or better for courses to transfer.
Housing and Meals
The University of Erfurt offers exchange students housing in a residence hall on campus and apartments directly off campus. The residence hall features four single rooms per suite with shared kitchenette. Apartments feature three single bedrooms and a shared full kitchen. Depending on the housing one selects, different items and services are included or excluded from the program cost. Along with rent payment, a refundable deposit of 200 Euros is required. Though there is no meal plan, students have the option of dining at the student cafeteria during the week at reasonable student-discount prices. Vegetarian food is offered along with the standard menu.
To participate in the Erfurt exchange program:
- Register to study abroad with UMW.
- Contact CIE to request nomination for the Erfurt Exchange program in your preferred term. Available spots are assigned on a first-come first-served basis.
- Stop by CIE (Lee Hall 434) for an appointment with a Peer Advisor, who will give you materials and help you with next steps.