Download Forms


Downloadable Form


Checklist – Semester or Year Programs


Checklist – Summer Programs

Steps to help prepare students for an education abroad experience (study, research, volunteer, internship, or volunteer abroad).

These checklists are not applicable to students participating in a UMW Faculty-Led Program.

International Emergency Contact Information Provides UMW with contact information for you while you are abroad, and an emergency contact at home.

Form must be completed prior to departure or shortly after arrival in country.

Assumption of Risk and Release from Liability Agreement
(Fillable PDF version)
Required for all UMW students and affiliated individuals traveling internationally for Semester, Faculty-led, Athletic, Performance, Undergraduate Research, Volunteer, Internship, or Service Learning Education Abroad Programs.

Return to CIE prior to studying abroad.

Study Abroad Course Approval Form Initiates credit transfer back to UMW once official transcript has been received by UMW. Only courses that are pre-approved before departure are guaranteed to transfer back to UMW.

Return to CIE prior to studying abroad.

Medical Information Disclosure Form Required for all UMW students traveling internationally.

Return to CIE prior to studying abroad.

Course Registration Planning Tool  List of ideal courses that students wishes to take upon completion from program abroad. Students will use this list for Advance Registration while abroad. If student is not able to register for classes during advance registration, CIE will use this form and register you in your courses at the student’s request.

Return to CIE prior to studying abroad.

Notification to Residence Life of Study Abroad “Intent to Vacate form” Students submit an “Intent to Vacate” form between Feb. 1st – July 15th for fall study abroad and between Oct. 15th – Nov. 15th for spring study abroad.

Form must be submitted to Res Life prior to studying abroad.

Request for Study Abroad Financial Aid Initiates the disbursement of aid to students when form and other documentation has been received by the Office of Financial Aid.

Form must be returned to the Financial Aid Office, along with supporting documents prior to studying abroad.

Experiential Learning (EL) or Global Inquiry (GI) General Education Contract 


Beyond the Classroom (BTC) or Diverse and Global Perspectives (DGP) General Education Contract

Participation in an approved academic education abroad program can fulfill either requirement if it includes a written reflection of the student’s experience by a UMW Faculty member.

The contract must be completed and turned into the Center for International Education, Lee Hall Room 434, PRIOR to departure.  Approvals for EL/GI or BTC/DGP will not be granted retroactively.

Degree Application, Senior Checklist, Registrar info & Exception to Residency Requirement/waiver Before you go abroad, consider whether you will miss the Degree Application or Senior Checksheet process. In addition, if you plan to take less than 15 credits at UMW after you return from an abroad experience, you will need to obtain a residency exception/waiver.
Petition for Education Abroad Program in Location with US Department of State Travel Advisory – Level 3. For students considering education abroad programs in countries with US Department of State Travel Advisory – Level 3.

Form must be submitted to CIE prior to applying to education abroad program.

NOTE: CIE does not in any way support travel to destinations with US Department of State Travel Advisory – Level 4