- Available for fall or spring semester, or the academic year
- Language requirements: None
- GPA requirement: 2.75 minimum
- Must have completed at least one year at UMW
- Students can earn 12-18 credits per semester
- Students may choose from U of R’s full academic catalog provided they have completed the applicable prerequisites
- Upper division courses may require students to be declared in a related major in order to enroll
- All courses must be pre-approved by a UMW department chair. Elective credits may be approved by the Center for International Education. Students must receive a “C” or better for courses to transfer.
Housing and Meals
Students may choose either University Housing in either self-catered or fully catered halls where dining is included, or private accommodations near campus from the Study Abroad Programme Halls Brochure.
To participate in the University of Reading exchange program:
- Register to study abroad with UMW.
- Contact CIE to request nomination for the Reading Exchange program in your preferred term. Available spots are assigned on a first-come first-served basis.
- Stop by CIE (Lee Hall 434) for an appointment with a Peer Advisor who will give you materials and help you with next steps.