Orientation is designed to ease your transition to studying and living in the United States. It is an opportunity to review immigration, academic, financial, and other practical matters. The orientation includes a campus tour, a driving tour of Fredericksburg, and a shopping trip to pick up additional items you may need during your stay. International Orientation is mandatory for all new F-1 and J-1 visa holders.
Arrival & Orientation Schedules for:
- Visiting Language Instructors/Coordinators
- Exchange Program Students (non-degree students from exchange partners)
- First-Year Degree Students (international degree students)
Please bring your legal documents to Orientation. CIE will review your documents and determine whether your legal status is marked correctly and make copies for our records, as required by U.S. law. The following documents must be brought with you to orientation:
- Your passport with your visa stamp.
- Your I-94 Admission Number print out (students may print this form during orientation).
- Your Form I-20 or DS-2019.