Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, affectionately known as Cattolica, boasts a thriving home campus in Milan, where classes take place in the historical cloisters of the medieval Church of Saint Ambrose. Academic excellence, a commitment to charting the frontiers of research, and high standards of service are the strengths of an institution long recognized for its openness to innovation. There are currently 30,000 students enrolled at the Università Cattolica, Milan campus. It consists of multiple colleges, including business, law, humanities, foreign languages and literature, education sciences, finance, banking and insurance science, political science, and psychology. Università Cattolica is located in the center of Milan and is within five-minute’s walking distance of two underground metro stations. The transportation system in Milan connects the city with the rest of Lombardy and with the national railway system. There is a wide network of buses and trams covering the whole city.
- Available for fall or spring semester, or the academic year
- Language requirements: None
- GPA requirement: 2.75 minimum
- Must have completed at least one year at UMW
- Students can earn 12-18 credits per semester
- Students can choose from two program options
- Italian Language, both Pre-session Intensive and Semester Courses are available
- All courses must be pre-approved by a UMW department chair. Elective credits may be approved by the Center for International Education. Students must receive a “C” or better for courses to transfer.
Housing and Meals
Housing is provided through the Milano International Living Service (MIL Service) which offers single or shared rooms in a residence hall off-campus or fully furnished apartments with wireless internet connections, utilities (water and electricity), a cleaning service, basic cable television, plus extra amenities such as a kitchenware. We highly advise students to apply for housing as soon as your are accepted into the program.
To participate in the Italy exchange program:
- Register to study abroad with UMW.
- Contact CIE to request nomination for the Milan Exchange program in your preferred term. Available spots are assigned on a first-come first-served basis.
- Stop by CIE (Lee Hall 434) for an appointment with a Peer Advisor, who will give you materials and help you with next steps.