- Available for fall or spring semester, or the academic year
- Language requirements: None
- GPA requirement: 2.5 or greater
- Must have completed at least 12 UMW credits
- Students can earn 12-18 credits per semester
- Students may enroll in nearly any course offered at Lingnan University provided they have completed the prerequisites
- Airport greeting and orientation are included in the program
- Each study abroad student is assigned a “buddy” who will help them transition into campus life
- All courses must be pre-approved by a UMW department chair. Elective credits may be approved by the Center for International Education. Students must receive a “C” or better for courses to transfer.
Housing and Meals
Students pay UMW housing rates and are required to live on campus in residence halls with local Chinese students. All rooms are double-occupancy and segregated by gender. Cooking is not permitted in the rooms, but the university operates a student cafeteria and a full service Chinese restaurant on campus that provide inexpensive meals.
To participate in the Lingnan exchange program: