- Available for spring semester or the academic year
- Language requirements: Four semesters of college-level French
- GPA requirement: 2.5 or greater
- Must have completed at least one year of study at UMW
- Students can earn 12-18 credits per semester.
- All courses must be pre-approved by a UMW department chair. Elective credits may be approved by the Center for International Education. Students must receive a “C” or better for courses to transfer.
Housing and Meals
The MICEFA arrival package includes a ten-day hostel stay for orientation, during which you will learn your way around Paris and find a housing option that suits your needs and budget. The MICEFA staff will guide you through the selection process and make sure you find a suitable long-term option. The housing search should be seen as an opportunity to explore Paris and its excellent transportation system. Although Craig’s List and Air B & B are popular tools for finding rental options, MICEFA does NOT recommend you rent an apartment sight unseen from a stranger. These tools can be used to start your research before arrival, but please wait until your MICEFA orientation to sign a lease. Cost estimates and further information can be found by visiting www.micefa.org.
To participate in the MICEFA exchange program:
- Register to study abroad with UMW.
- Stop by CIE (Lee Hall 434) for an appointment with a Peer Advisor, who will give you materials and help you with next steps.
- Apply for acceptance into the MICEFA program.