For the same UMW tuition you paid this semester, you could study as an exchange student in China!
Located in Xi’an city in the Shaanzi Provence of China, students studying at Northwest University will have the opportunity to learn at one of the oldest institutions in Northwest China. Originally founded in 1902 as part of Shaanzi College but assumed its present name in 1912. Currently, Northwest University is one of China’s leading comprehensive, multi-disciplinary universities of liberal arts, sciences, engineering, management, law and medicine, with emphasis on both teaching and research and has pproximately 18,000 students across three campuses.
- Available for the fall or spring semesters
- Language requirements: None
- GPA requirement: tbd
- Must have completed at least one year at UMW
- Students can earn 12-18 credits per semester
- Students may enroll in Chinese Language, Chinese Culture, Foreign Trade Correspondence, Accounting, and Economics Courses.
- All courses must be pre-approved by a UMW department chair. Elective credits may be approved by the Center for International Education. Students must receive a “C” or better for courses to transfer.
Housing and Meals
More information regarding housing and meals coming soon.
Excursions are not included in the cost of the program. However, students will have the opportunity to travel to neighboring Asian countries and mainland China.
To participate in the Northwest University exchange program: