Applying to UMW
International Degree-Seeking Students: Apply directly through the Undergraduate Admissions Office or the Graduate Admissions Office. Once you are admitted and have paid your admissions deposit, you should:
- submit a Request for Form I-20 (new students applying for an F-1 visa) and proof of finances; or
- submit the F-1 Transfer Eligibility Form (if you are are transferring your I-20 from another school in the U.S.) and proof of finances.
Deadlines for submitting the forms are:
- Request for Form I-20
- June 15 for students beginning in the fall semester
- October 15 for students beginning in the spring semester
- F-1 Transfer Eligibility Form
- July 1 for students beginning in the fall semester
- December 1 for students beginning the spring semester
International Exchange Students: Apply directly to CIE by submitting the International Exchange Student Application, along with proof of finances. Your DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for J-1 Exchange Visitor Status will be issued once your application has been reviewed and accepted.