Applying to UMW
International Degree-Seeking Students:
- submit a Request for Form I-20 (new students applying for an F-1 visa) and proof of finances; or
- submit the SEVIS Transfer I-20 Form (if you are are transferring your I-20 from another school in the U.S.) and proof of finances.
Deadlines for submitting the forms are:
- Request for Form I-20
- June 15 for students beginning in the fall semester
- October 15 for students beginning in the spring semester
- F-1 Transfer Eligibility Form
- July 1 for students beginning in the fall semester
- December 1 for students beginning the spring semester
International Exchange Students:
Apply directly to CIE by submitting the International Exchange Student Application, along with proof of finances. Your DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for J-1 Exchange Visitor Status will be issued once your application has been reviewed and accepted.