Prospective Students

Applying to UMW

International Degree-Seeking Students:

Apply directly through the Undergraduate Admissions Office or the Graduate Admissions Office.  Once you are admitted and have paid your admissions deposit, you should:

  • submit a Request for Form I-20 (new students applying for an F-1 visa) and proof of finances; or
  • submit the  SEVIS Transfer I-20 Form (if you are are transferring your I-20 from another school in the U.S.) and proof of finances.

Deadlines for submitting the forms are:

  • Request for Form I-20
    • June 15 for students beginning in the fall semester
    • October 15 for students beginning in the spring semester
  • F-1 Transfer Eligibility Form
    • July 1 for students beginning in the fall semester
    • December 1 for students beginning the spring semester

International Exchange Students:

Apply directly to CIE by submitting the International Exchange Student Application, along with proof of finances.  Your DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for J-1 Exchange Visitor Status will be issued once your application has been reviewed and accepted.

Download UMW Brochure