Other Resources

Other UMW Resources

University Police – The University of Mary Washington Police Department provides a safe and secure living, working, and learning environment to the University’s students, employees and visitors, with equal protection under the law and in accordance with University policies and regulations.

Tuition and Fees – Look here for a list of current tuition and fee schedules.

Student Accounts – Contact this office about billing of tuition, housing fees, dining charges, and other University fees; invoicing third-party payers; processing refunds to eligible students; and handling all inquiries concerning these transactions.

Office of the Registrar – Services available in the Office of the Registrar include registration, transfer credit evaluation, final degree audit, cancellations and withdrawals, leave of absences, enrollment and degree verifications, veteran certification and issuing of transcripts.

Community Service Opportunities – The Office of Community Service offers a variety of ways to volunteer in Fredericksburg and the surrounding area.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) – CAPS offers crisis intervention, consultation, community referrals, training, and educational outreach programs to the entire UMW community.

Honor System at UMW – UMW maintains a proud tradition of honor on both campuses. Each campus maintains a student-run Honor Council with elected student officers and representatives.

US Government Links

How to Navigate the US Immigration System

How to Get a Student Visa

Social Security Numbers for International Students and Scholars

Commonwealth of Virginia Links

How to apply for a Virginia Driver’s License or Identity Card

Virginia Tourism


List of Foreign Embassies in Washington, DC

US Embassies Abroad


The Journal of International Students features narrative, theoretical and empirically-based research articles, student reflections, and book reviews relevant to international students and their cross-cultural experiences and understanding in higher education.

Contact UMW

For more information on becoming a UMW student or immigration issues, please contact the Center for International Education at (001)540-654-1870 or iss@umw.edu.