Thursday, January 7, 2016 is the arrival and check-in date for students arriving from overseas. If you are already in the U.S., you are not required to check-in on January 7th.
Please do your best to arrange a flight that lands at Washington, D.C.’s Dulles International Airport (IAD) on Thursday, January 7th, 2016 between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm.
Washington D.C.’s Dulles International Airport.
- If you need transportation from Dulles to UMW, submit the Airport Arrival & Emergency Contact Information form after you purchase your airline ticket. This will allow us to arrange shuttle transportation from the airport to UMW.
Arrive at Washington DC’s Dulles International Airport (IAD) on your designated arrival date in order to receive free transportation from the airport to UMW’s campus. (Please note that on-campus housing is not available prior to your check-in date.)
Upon your arrival at the airport, you will be greeted by UMW students and staff OR you will meet your shuttle driver. CIE will e-mail you in advance to tell you which set of instructions to follow.
- You will be greeted by UMW students/staff at the Traveler’s Aid/Information Desk after you clear customs and immigration nearest to baggage carousel 14 & 15. If you do not see a UMW student/staff, please wait near the Traveler’s Aid/Information Desk closest to carousel 14 & 15.
- Alternatively, those of you scheduled to meet our Chop Chop Shuttle service, you will:
- Locate the Traveler’s Aid/Information Desk (near baggage carousel 14 & 15) or pay phone upon clearing customs and immigration.
- Call the shuttle driver at the toll free number (888) 363-2467 and notify him/her that you are through customs.
- Take the escalator or stairs up to the Departure Level, where the ticket counters are located. Find the United Airlines ticket counter.
- Look outside from the United Airlines ticket counter and proceed out of the glass door to your right (door #4). Wait on the sidewalk outside door #4. The shuttle driver should have told you what type of vehicle to look for. It will either be a van marked “Chop Chop Shuttle & Tour,” or an unmarked vehicle. You must look for the van/vehicle and wave to get the driver’s attention. If you have any problems, please call the toll-free number (888) 363-2467.
- Please keep the following phone numbers with you in case of complications or emergency:
- Center for International Education (CIE): 540-654-1870 (8-5pm)
- CIE Emergency: 540-419-9781 (24/7)
Once you have arrived on campus at UMW, it’s time to prepare for International Orientation.