We look forward to your arrival! The information below will help you plan your arrival to campus and transition into life at UMW.
- Check-In for International Students is Monday, August 17, 2015.
- Check-In Day for Visiting Language Instructors is Saturday, August 15th, 2015.
You should arrive at Washington DC’s Dulles International Airport between 10:00am and 7:00pm on your designated arrival date in order to receive free transportation from the airport to UMW’s campus. Please submit this Airport Arrival & Emergency Contact Information form after you purchase your airline ticket. This will allow us to arrange shuttle transportation from the airport to UMW. On-campus housing is not available prior to your check-in date.
Upon your arrival to Washington Dulles International Airport, you will be greeted by UMW students/staff OR you will meet your shuttle driver by following the instructions we will provide. We will e-mail you instructions about 10 days before your scheduled arrival.
- You will be greeted by UMW students/staff at the Traveler’s Aid Desk after you clear Customs & Immigration. If you do not see a UMW student/staff, please be sure to wait near the Traveler’s Aid Desk.
- For those of you who are scheduled to arrive by our Chop Chop Shuttle service, you will:
- Locate the Traveler’s Aid Desk or pay phone upon clearing Customs & Immigration.
- Call the shuttle driver at the toll free number (888) 363-2467 and tell the shuttle driver you have cleared Customs.
- Take the escalator or stairs up to the Departure Level. This is the level where the ticket counters are located. Find the United Airlines ticket counter.
- Look outside from the United Airlines ticket counter and proceed out of the glass door to your right (door #4). Wait on the sidewalk outside door #4. The shuttle driver should have told you what type of vehicle to look for. It will either be a van marked “Chop Chop Shuttle & Tour,” or an unmarked vehicle. You must look for the van/vehicle and wave to get the driver’s attention. If you have any problems, please call the toll free number (888) 363-2467.
If there are any problems, please keep these numbers with you:
Center for International Education (CIE) 540-654-1870 (8-5pm)
Ann Witkowski 540-429-1743 (any time)
CIE Emergency 540-419-9781 (24/7)
International Orientation is an essential part of your arrival process and mandatory for all F & J visa students and visiting language instructors.
New Student Orientation is required for our new F-1 visa, degree-seeking students only. The New Student Orientation begins after International Student Orientation.
Immigration Document Check-In
New international students and visiting language instructors on F or J visas are required to bring their legal documents and to the International Orientation. This is required so that CIE can determine your legal status is marked correctly and make copies for our records as required by U.S. law.
Bring the following items to the International Orientation:
- Your passport with your visa stamp
- Your I-94 Admission Number print out (students may print this form during Orientation)
- Your Form I-20 or DS-2019